the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

it's always better when we're together

Wow, I've been busy. Friday was an odd day for me, as one good friend was having a very good day and another good friend was having a very awful day (August is in my thoughts, please go over and say hi). Highlight of the weekend was getting together with friends for board games and the best damn chili ever (which I now have the recipe for!). Monday was long, I was at school for about 11 hours, but at the end of it I got to see the Boy, eat cupcakes, and watch the Daily Show.

I know Valentine's Day is dumb and artificial, blah blah blah. It's all true. But I still had a lovely, low-key holiday (also our 11 month anniversary) with the Boy. The weather was unnaturally warm and beautiful, so I just felt perky all day. Dinner at Biaggi's was amazing, with mussels pomodoro to die for. The Boy's chicken pietro was fabulous and I had the most tender and yummy pork chop in the history of pork chops, swimming in parmesan and gorgonzola butter. Delish, to channel Rachel Ray.

I can never pass up a chance to play skeeball, so we went down the street to Chuck E. Cheese, played several games and gave our big bunch of tickets to the most adorable little girl who looked at us like we were Santa Claus. Had a nice long drive, with stars o'erhead to guide us home, where we enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries and the Boy surprised me with gifts, which were in direct violation of our "no gift" rule. I guess it was more of a guideline than a rule.

Just a lovely evening with a lovely man.

2 Old Comments:

In my experience, a "no gift rule" only applies to the girl. To the guy it's more of an "well I don't expect diamonds" rule.

By Blogger Dan, at 1:53 PM  

sounds lovely.

By Blogger Tyjen, at 2:24 PM