the water got high and she never got dry

Thursday, February 09, 2006

tater, tater, tater, tatertots ho!

"It's like crack!"
"What, semen?"
"Uh, no. These tater tots."

Thanks to bittersweet (Sure, she just mentioned them in passing but I'm highly suggestible when it comes to food), I was craving tater tots yesterday , and tater tots I got, courtesy of Taco John's, a franchise I have studiously avoided in my five years here after I found out that they put tater tots (oh, sorry, potato oles) in their tacos. That's just sick, man. But the Boy and I could not resist the siren call of six tacos and a pound of tater tots for 7.89. A pound of tater tots, people! This could be put an end to all the world's problems. Sonic tater tots used to be supreme, but I have a new love now. *Homer drool*

Although their "Super Potato Oles" and their "Potato Oles Bravo" sound gross - tater tots topped with beef, cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, and other taco related items. Why mess with perfection, people?

2 Old Comments:

i keep thinking of that scene in napoleon dynamite where he stuffs the tatertots into his sweatpants to eat later during class.

By Blogger Tyjen, at 5:53 AM  

bittersweet: The taco/tot juxtaposition turns out not to be as weird as it sounds. Plus the tots are just really tasty!

I'd totally forgotten about that scene, sub girl, but I remember how grossed out I was at the time. No matter, I'm not gonna let it turn me off the tots!

By Blogger water sign, at 10:10 AM