the water got high and she never got dry

Friday, February 24, 2006

snippets

Yesterday, after an exhaustive Frappacino-fueled search at the mall, I found a bridesmaid's dress! Woot! I actually bought two, to give the bride a choice, but there is one I like better, and August agrees with me. Thanks to August for going along for the ride. Both dresses are black, strapless and A-line, just what the bride preferred. I had some doubts about the whole strapless thing, due to my lack of necessary boobage, but anything can work with the right bra.

$3 martinis were imbibed in celebration and then I proceeded to stay up all night, thanks to my inability to deal with the amount of caffeine in Frappacinos. I still have a headache. Bleagh. When you're awake at 3 in the morning thinking about a handout you could make for your students, something has gone terribly, terribly wrong.

Spent last weekend holed up inside away from the hellish cold, and totally geeking out by watching hours of Battlestar Galactica. The boy has gotten me hooked. He now entertains himself by calling me Boomer and making jokes about my Cylon programming. Dork. Left the house long enough to lose a few bucks at poker.

Went to a poetry slam cabaret, which we enjoyed, despite the guest hip hop-spoken word-jazz fusion band overstaying its welcome by quite a bit. Some of the poets were really good, including Cynthia French and Amy Steinberg. During the show I was reminded yet again that although I am pulled both ways, I am more drawn to creativity than science. I just don't have a super-computer science brain. But if someday I can get a gig writing about research, I feel like I'll have achieved the perfect happy medium.

i am exactly where i need to be
i need to be exactly where i am
-amy steinberg

1 Old Comments:

Well done on getting the dress sorted. Shame about the caffeine headache :-)

By Blogger NML/Natalie, at 6:15 AM