the water got high and she never got dry

Monday, April 03, 2006

hawaii dreamin'

The latest Girls' Night was a rousing success. Had a delicious dinner at the new Ethiopian restaurant. Popped into a gourmet kitchen store to sample their truffles and then headed to one of our favorite bars for martinis, margaritas, mojitos and dessert. The flourless chocolate cake is amazing. We ended the evening at J's with more martinis, more girl talk, and Bridget Jones' Diary.

It's a gorgeous Monday afternoon and my mind is very much not on work. 'Cause holy schnikes, the trip is only a week away. I'll try not to blither about Hawaii all week, but can you blame me for being preoccupied? I spent my post-lunch lapse in productivity Map Questing various things and cursing those silly volcanoes for impeding more efficient routes.

And some time-wasters:

I’m sure you've seen this already, but just in case you missed it. Brilliant.

Who knew video games could be so esoteric?

Love this shirt.

Bustin' makes me feel good!

2 Old Comments:

Ooh, how exciting! I'd love to be going to Hawaii. It sounds like you had a real blast on your girls night - they are invaluable!

By Blogger NML/Natalie, at 7:54 AM  

They are invaluable - as much as we love our boys, it's really good to spend time together without them.

By Blogger water sign, at 1:48 PM