the water got high and she never got dry

Thursday, March 02, 2006

singing in my sleep

Sometimes I have to take my rose-colored glasses off long enough to realize that people have the bottomless potential to tarnish like cheap gold – just when you think you couldn’t possibly be more disappointed in them, they go and outdo themselves.

On a happier note, I am eagerly awaiting summer and my two new pairs of sandals (buy 1 get 1 free, whee!) including these in dark brown just make me more impatient. I have a countdown to Hawaii, a bridesmaid’s dress, and the pleasure of shopping for shoes and earrings to go with it. And while nothing can truly make up for my favorite martini bar going out of business, yummy $3 martinis at the sports bar around the corner and the accompanying giggling and girliness aren’t bad.

Currently listening obsessively to: The Damnwells. After listening to them at Come Pick Me Up (most excellent Ryan Adams song, btw), I had to have the album. Really good. “Sleepsinging” and “Texas” are a one-two punch. Go listen.

I have been such a fool for you
I put my faith in things you could never do
-the damnwells

3 Old Comments:

Oh man! Those Kohl's sandals are exactly the ones I HAVE to have for this summer! I may have to go shopping tonight...thanks for the recommendation!

By Blogger anne, at 7:57 AM  

Aren't they cute? Good luck shopping!

By Blogger water sign, at 8:50 AM  

I thought that the para on people that tarnish themselves was really good. Oh and shoe shopping is ALWAYS good!

By Blogger NML/Natalie, at 9:53 AM