the water got high and she never got dry

Friday, May 19, 2006

the best of me is still hiding up my sleeve

My almost 43 things

Finally sat down and started adding more things to the list. Need to add more things that are out of my comfort zone, like surfing. When we were in Hawaii, I told Husband to Be that surfing looks like so much fun but I seriously doubt I’m athletic enough to master it. But it’s on my list, because Husband to Be is the master of “Why not?” whenever I express doubt at being able to do something, whether it be surfing or some fancy schmancy technique we saw on Food Network. He sees how all too often there’s a little chasm between what I so often hope for/dream of and what I do in reality to make it happen and I’m glad he’ll always be around to give me a little push when I need it.

What do you guys want to do but think you can’t?

It is so beautiful outside today, after an unseasonably wet and chilly first half of the month. Sunny and 74 degrees. Perfect. I’ve rounded up the crew to have our first grillout in the park of the season. Woohoo! Brats, beer, and bocce, who needs anything more? Now it feels like summer.

0 Old Comments: