the water got high and she never got dry

Sunday, April 16, 2006

let's hear it for the boy

In my apartment I keep a chalkboard, where I write inspirational quotes, usually one per month. One in particular once caught Felicity's eye:

"How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?" ~Oscar Wilde

I think it is highly ironic that Felicity liked this quote, because she is no longer one of those women yearning for "love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." She has a great thing, and fortunately for the rest of us, she knows it.

"The Boy" truly is an awesome catch. I am so happy for her to have found him. At first, I was skeptical. I mean, for how many people is the third time the charm? (The Boy being her third boyfriend.) And how many men ask their girlfriends things like "are you real?"

I wish you could all see them together. Ok, yes, sometimes they are a little too cute. Or they mention their own little inside jokes that no one else gets. But, they do seem inseparable -- in a good way. The way that when you see one of them and not the other, you feel like it is only a temporary state and soon they will be together again.

He has so much admiration for her, respects her, adores her, loves her. It is wonderful to be around. And, he is really one of those "good guys" a "nice guy" if you will. He is the kind of guy that I feel lucky to be friends with. The kind of guy that, if I had a sister, I'd welcome whole-heartedly as a brother-in-law. The kind of guy that everyone likes and everyone is thrilled for Felicity to have found.

And maybe he sings off-key
but that's all right by me (yeah)
cause what he does, he does so well
makes me want to yell
let's hear it for the boy!
~Denice Williams

In a perfect world
all the geeks the girls
~American Hi-Fi

0 Old Comments: