the water got high and she never got dry

Friday, December 22, 2006

and away we go

Being sick has really just sucked up the entire week, laying me low, which meant no work and no exercise and never getting a chance to meet with my advisor. Mostly I’ve been resting, dragging myself out of the house to run Christmas errands, and then crashing, and eating ravenously. Haven’t had any chicken soup yet, but a big steaming bowl of pho the other night was just as good. Spaghetti and meatballs (I couldn’t believe my ears when Husband to Be told me he had never read or heard of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Sacrilege.) and lots of roasted garlic on bread and last night, at HTB’s office holiday party, we had Ethiopian food and gelato. Yum.

I’ve decided that maybe instead of boring old wedding cake, we should have cupcakes and gelato. Fun and tasty.

It’s been a wet, foggy, feverish week, but I don’t care, because in about an hour we’re taking off, with a car packed full of gifts and wine and books and knitting needles, and headed for some serious rest and relaxation. We are both badly in need of a vacation and I know we’re in for a good time with HTB’s family.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

0 Old Comments: