the water got high and she never got dry

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

where is my mind

I never, ever, ever have to do this again. This is what I keep telling myself. If we have a kid and they want to get married, I will be hard pressed not to tell them to just elope. Because Christ on a cracker, wedding planning is the biggest pain in the ass I’ve ever experienced.

I’ve had some moments of being uber-stressed about dumb crap like chairs (and some moments of legitimate annoyance with our erstwhile wedding planner) and other moments of being so excited about getting married and of all this crap being done with that I don’t give a crap about what to do with the centerpieces.

And then our annoying wedding planner writes a dumb email and I’m forced to reassure her about some nonsense and our caterer fails to get back to us at all and I get stressed out again.

But in a moment of quiet the other morning, I thought, I’m young and kid-free, at the very start of a career (of some kind), I’ll be moving somewhere completely new, I get to marry an amazing man who is unbelievably perfect for me, and I’m in the best shape of my life. There are going to be some stresses that go along with these things, but that’s just part and parcel of being at a pretty cool point in my life.

So self, suck it up just a little bit longer. And enjoy the hell out of the honeymoon.

Labels:

0 Old Comments: