the water got high and she never got dry

Monday, April 17, 2006

home, where my music's playing, home

Today Felicity comes home! In a little under an hour and a half, actually. Please comment to this post to welcome her home from Hawaii!

I really missed her while she was gone. I know, it was only a week plus change, but that's a long time when you are used to talking to someone just about every day.

I think it's really interesting that Felicity and I became friends to the extent that we did. With her love of photography, listening to music, and going to concerts, my interests in interior decorating, over-watching tv, and going to plays, it's amazing how much we have in common. And I'll always remember the we were "friends" but our bond became much tighter when we both broke-up with "the guy I thought I was going to marry." Sometimes, there are things that you can only go through with a girlfriend. I'm glad we were there for each other.

She's been a great friend to me, particularly over the last year (or two). There have been several "why-did-he-do-this?" phone calls that she always had time for, "I-can't-stand-grad-school" shopping therapy sessions and endless chick-flicks. I feel like she is always just a phone call away, ready for anything from listening to irrational venting to joyful news. I hope she feels the same way.

Hey, ain’t it good to know that you’ve got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They’ll hurt you and desert you.
Well they’ll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don’t you let them.
You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I’ll come running to see you again.
-james taylor

No one could ever know me
No one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows
What it's like to be me [...]
I'll be there for you
cause you're there for me too
-rembrants


0 Old Comments: