the water got high and she never got dry

Monday, May 01, 2006

pink champagne on ice

If you haven't seen this already, you really need to. Stupendous.

Low point of the day: Having to deal with student soap operas first thing on a Monday morning.

Highlight of the day: Asking J to be my maid of honor. Already asked S to be my matron of honor (the term just doesn't fit, I can't imagine anyone less matronly), but there's no reason I can't have both. After shopping around for cute jewelry like a big pink cocktail ring I got her this instead.

Even if I hadn't already known for a while that I'd want J as a MOH, honestly she'd probably be doing a lot of the work (party throwing, helping with decision making, emotional support, keeping me in check) anyway. It was pretty funny how apprehensive she looked while unwrapping her gift, because it was so unexpected. I reassured her I wasn't asking her for a big favor or money, but then had to recant, 'cause really I'm asking for both.

I couldn't have survived the breakup blues and ups and downs of singlehood without J as my rock and my shoulder to cry on. She's been with me every step of the way since meeting the Husband to Be and nobody knows us better as a couple.

"Things are gonna be so good for you guys forever. I'm so excited for you."

This is why she is so perfectly suited to be the kind of MOH any girl would want.

0 Old Comments: