the water got high and she never got dry

Friday, June 16, 2006

we'll meet beyond the shore, we'll kiss just as before

The skirt is long and made of silk and falls around my ankles like water. It starts out sky blue and gradually becomes indigo. I wore it yesterday and listened to Hawaiian music on my iPod and smiled, thinking of the last time I had worn it. It was on our last day in Hawaii, the day Husband to Be proposed. The last thing we did before going to the airport was watch kite surfers, sitting on a beach next to water of an impossible sea green. It was a beautiful sunny day and the sand was warm and powdery under my feet. HTB knew how much I didn't want to leave. He leaned over and kissed me, a slow, sweet kiss, and said that every time I wanted to remember that exact moment, all I would have to do is kiss him. That moment alone was enough to realize why I was going to marry this man.

And sometimes when I kiss him now, I do hear and smell the surf. And realize anew why I'm going to marry him.

0 Old Comments: