the water got high and she never got dry

Monday, July 24, 2006

head for the city lights

Minneapolis was fun. It's always great to get out of town for a little bit and get a change of scenery. Had a nice time with HTB's friends, got good ribs, went to the sculpture garden, MIA, and saw Body Worlds. Body Worlds was pretty interesting, although I think it went on a bit too long and occasionally I took issue with their use of props and poses, but it was worth seeing. We had hoped to catch a show, maybe Tapes N'Tapes but after a full day of museum hopping, we were beat. Every time I go to Chicago I feel a little like the country mouse visiting the city mouse and I got the same feeling in Minneapolis. I really miss living in a big city. Beth Orton, Pete Yorn, and Golden Smog were among the other shows over the weekend that I would have loved to go to, and Calexico, M. Ward, Eels, and Snow Patrol will all be swinging by there soon. Sigh.

Now that we've narrowed down our wedding destination to St. Thomas, it's just a matter of finding the perfect location. Villa? Resort? On the beach, overlooking the beach? Nothing has jumped out at us as being just right. I hope we don't end up going back to the drawing board and choosing a different island.

0 Old Comments: