the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the hours they go in front of me

Summer is just flying by. HTB and I are having a housewarming/engagement party on Friday and are busy getting the place ready. We bought a cute chair (on clearance!) and are busy keeping Willow's claws away from it. This weekend is jazz festival time and two friends have birthdays, then the 4th, and then my birthday, then a trip to Minnesota to see Body Worlds, and plenty of other things on top of that.

I'm still obsessively researching wedding locations and addicted to the Knot boards, but trying to cut back and will try to keep wedding spew from overtaking the blog. But aren't some of these villas gorgeous?

Had the first of what I'm sure will be many wedding meltdowns yesterday. Got that over with, at least. It wasn't even directly related to the wedding, but just that for the 3rd time in the space of a week, I felt let down by someone important, each time a different person. I hate feeling disappointed in people and I have a habit of turning the spotlight on myself and wondering if I'm justified in being disappointed or if I'm just holding people to an unfair standard. I am lucky that HTB always knows how to make me feel better and I trust in his ability to be the voice of reason if I am being unreasonable.

Still haven't been in all that much of a mood to write. A little bit of the summer doldrums, I guess, but I know it'll pass.

0 Old Comments: