the water got high and she never got dry

Thursday, July 27, 2006

turn on the boob tube, i'm in the mood to oeby

This morning was the first weekday in a very long time that I didn't have to be at school at a certain time, so I was watching TV while eating breakfast and got sucked into an episode of Project Runway, which I'd never seen before (although I could swear some guy we know recently recommended it. A real guy's guy you could never picture watching it.)

Dammit. It was really entertaining and I know I'm going to continue to watch it. I like the rampant bitchiness and watching the designs unfold. I went through a phase as a kid where I wanted to be a fashion designer. I drew pages and pages of headless bodies modeling my creations. I still wish I could design my own clothes. I'm still on a student budget so I'm not exactly buying designer clothes and typical mall offerings tend to be stupefyingly boring or ugly. Sigh.

Heidi Klum is gorgeous but something about her accent just cracks me up. She sounds like a little girl.

For any Alton Brown fans, this Saturday there's going to be a Good Eats Marathon followed by a behind the scenes show and then finally, the premiere of Feasting on Asphalt. So excited! I think we're going to have M and Miss A over to watch and eat yummy things all day.

Last night I commented on how good AB looked, he was wearing a surprisingly hip BDS (button down shirt - let's be annoying like Rachael Ray and spell out our abbreviations!), and got the evil eye from HTB. I guess I'm allowed to love AB for his brains and not his looks!

0 Old Comments: