the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

every other day is a kick in the shins

There are some days when I just want to throw in the towel and say screw it to school. Today is one of them. It's a week and a half until the semester starts and TA assignments still aren't out, a professor I talked to who saw a preliminary draft says he didn't see my name. It may be that a just a few days before the semester starts I find myself unemployed.

At the beginning of the summer my advisor said she would be in town pretty much all summer. She then disappeared for a month. When she got back, she said now she was available and then periodically left town for several days at a time, something I would always find out about after the fact. Just last week she said she didn't foresee leaving town anytime soon but that she would let me know. She then promptly, you guessed it, left town.

What am I doing here?

0 Old Comments: