the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

valentine the destroyer

You know, one of these days I will figure out to install an mp3 player here because I’d love to share “Valentine”, one of my favorite Old 97s songs.

I know I keep going too long without posting but I’ve been adhering to a “If I can’t write anything more nuanced than just simple moping/complaining about how kicked in the shins I feel these days, than don’t write” rule.

I’ve been mostly mopey (i.e., life sucks) but today a little grumpy (i.e., people suck), which is a change for me, but still not ideal. I am not pro-people today of all days. A cupcake is one of the few things that could have de-grumpified me and I was denied even that. It’s ungodly cold here for half the year AND I don’t have a reliable cupcake supplier. So ready to be somewhere else!

Husband to Be and I already used V-day as an excuse to have a really nice dinner last Saturday. We went to this tiny little tapas place downtown and enjoyed candlelight, sangria, baked chevre, bacon wrapped dates, and paella. It had been far too long since we went out for a romantic dinner.

And tonight, after the gym, we’ll reward ourselves with these beauties.


0 Old Comments: