the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

the bed's too big, the frying pan's too wide

It's almost ridiculous how much I miss HTB after a few days apart. He's been out of town since Sunday for a conference and I really wish he was back already, if only so I could get a decent night's sleep.

It's not all bad. A little space is always good for a relationship, I enjoyed having some quiet time to myself, and it's nice to have a chance to miss and appreciate him. Living together denies you of that bittersweet feeling.

And it's not as if I've been sitting alone in the dark. Went out for dollar slices last night and then to a birthday party. Going to try and drag travel weary J out for drinks tonight.

But at the end of the day home is too quiet, the cat misses her favorite warm lap, and the bed feels strange. I sleep with my arm across his pillow as if trying to conjure up the missing warmth.

Why isn't it tomorrow night already? And would it be bad to make out with HTB in front of his boss?

0 Old Comments: