the water got high and she never got dry

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

bermuda, bahama, come on pretty mama

Well I spoke too damn soon about the coming of spring. Last weekend we got hit with a really nasty ice storm that knocked out our power Saturday night. The view outside our balcony was unbelievably bleak and depressing. Lounging around by candlelight and firelight is awfully nice, but still. Worst. Winter. Ever.

Also, Last. Winter. Ever. I will never force myself to endure another Midwestern winter.

My advisor continues to drive me crazy. Life continues to smack me around. But I don’t care. Because Husband to Be and I are going to the Bahamas over Spring Break. We found a really cheap deal online, which means a cheap hotel (that’s scheduled to be demolished soon in order to make way for bigger and better resorts, whee!) and I have no doubt Nassau will be swarming with college nuggets, but I don’t care. I don't know if I've ever needed a little R 'n R more than I do now. For two full days I will sit on beautiful beaches, soak up sun, drink fruity drinks, and forget that winter and grad school exist. It’s going to rock my face off.

Labels:

0 Old Comments: